We interrupt your regularly scheduled weekly writing check-in to bring you a special birthday post.
“Sweet, funny, and heart-warming, The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading truly makes you want to cheer!”
~ Author Elizabeth Scott
“This novel is contemporary, laugh-outloud funny, and positive.”
~ Florence H. Munat, VOYA
On May 19, 2009, The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading launched herself into the world. Two months early, no less.
Our original publication date was July. But. Barnes and Noble had a geek book promotion planned, and they wanted to include Geek Girl. Simon and Schuster said yes and subsequently bumped up the release date. (Because back then, when B&N offered you a promo, you always said yes.)
I fully expected to be celebrating Geek Girl’s tenth with Darcy, and it’s hard reconciling that she isn’t here to celebrate. Darcy knew how to throw a party, in real life and online.
I’m missing her, not just today, but every day. I hit a writing snag this week and wanted nothing more than to talk it through with her. I was this close to shelving the current series. And then this morning, after I opened up this post to finish writing it, inspiration struck.
Almost like I did talk the whole thing through with Darcy.
Once again, I’m going to encourage everyone to read some of her work:
THE GEEK GIRL’S GUIDE TO CHEERLEADING
- 2012 Popular Paperback pick in the Get Your Geek On category
- First Place: 2010 Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence
- Available on: Kindle Nook Kobo Apple GooglePlay Print
DATING ON THE DORK SIDE
- 1st Place: 2016 International Digital Awards, Young Adult Novel
- Available on: All e-retailers Print
LESS THAN THREE
- Darcy’s solo YA novel
- Read for free on Wattpad
ON LEARNING TO SWIM AGAIN, IN AUTUMN: A SHORT STORY
- A contest-winning short story
- Available for 99 cents on Kindle or read for free with a Kindle Unlimited subscription.