Tag Archives: podcast
Getting my writing groove on this week with ~8,000 words. In a surprise move, I received an acceptance this week for audio/reprint rights for Ghost in the Coffee Machine. So, not only did I sell this story once, I sold it again. Word to the wise: keep as many rights as you possibly can. In the case of Ghost, I control them all.
And sometimes that pays off. Also, I love audio/podcasts, and I’m very excited about this.
Links of note:
- Selfies from the End of the World: Apocalyptic Fiction a very cool Kickstarter project from Mad Scientist Journal
- Eating Peaches and Riding Unicorns an important discussion about writing, depression, failure and how to keep going over at All The Way YA
- Writing ~ 8,054 words
- Ghost in the Coffee Machine to The Drabblecast.
In amazing news of the amazing variety, I have once again fooled someone into publishing my poetry. I know. No one is more surprised than I am. The poem will be included in Proud to Be: Writing by American Warriors, volume 3. I had a poem in volume 2, so this is extra nice.
I also received two rejections this week. Actually, it was three. One of the journals is using an automated system. So, I received a rejection on Monday, and then again, for the same submission, on Thursday. It was either a glitch or they wanted to make absolutely certain. Either way, it made me laugh.
And I’m working up another “episode” in my Ghost series. The only thing I didn’t do was submit something, which I should do, soon. My submission tracker is looking mighty thin.
- The Ghost Whisperer ~ 5,700 words
- The Patron Saint of Lost Things
- Knight in the Royal Arms
- The Boys’ Club (poetry)
- The Girl with the Piccolo at Cast of Wonders