This one is going around the net and Facebook. Here’s Andrew’s (12) and Kyra’s (6) take on it. I interviewed them separately because I knew Kyra would be influenced by Andrew’s answers.
1. What is something mom always says to you?
Andrew: Doh-bai and Where’s my .jar file (I realize these make no sense; see question four.)
Kyra: Don’t watch TV.
2. What makes mom happy?
Kyra: Me cleaning the house.
3. What makes mom sad?
Andrew: Me tearing up the bed.
Kyra: Andrew not taking showers.
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Andrew: Saying something completely random and weird.
Kyra: Watching shows that are funny.
5. What was your mom like as a child?
Andrew: A geek.
Kyra: Mama had long hair.
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
Andrew: about five feet and a half.
Kyra: 2 inches.
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Kyra: write books and read books
9. What does your mom do when you’re not around?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Andrew: publishing a book (and typing)
Kyra: a book
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
Andrew: Video games
13. What does your mom do for her job?
Andrew: work with computers, do files
Kyra: write books and do bills and try making her book better
14. What is your mom’s favorite food?
Andrew: dirty spaghetti (pesto) and a salad
15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Andrew: you’re an author
Kyra: she helps me with things that I can’t do.
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Andrew: Bugs Bunny
Kyra: Blossom from the Power Puff Girls
17. What do you and your mom do together?
Andrew: go places
Kyra: read together, cook together, clean together, and stay together
18. How are you and your mom the same?
Andrew: The same hair color
Kyra: we have brown hair
19. How are you and your mom different?
Andrew: You’re my mom and you’re a girl.
Kyra: you’re the mom and I’m the baby.
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Andrew: you get me stuff for my birthday
Kyra: because she cares for me.
21. Where is your mom’s favorite place to go?
Andrew: Fancy hotels