- Updating the Geek Girl site.
- Creating the promotion spreadsheet of doom. I didn’t actually name the file that, but I’m thinking of changing it.
- Scanning pictures of my (possibly illegal) trip into East Germany back in the day. Geek girl’s guide to the Eastern Bloc anyone? Anyone?
- Convincing Andrew to be a sport and let his sister be president of the glass animals. Apparently all voting takes place when she isn’t in the room.
- Writing trying to write avoiding the press release.
- Thinking about the Tuscan Trifle Tiramisu gelato in the freezer. It’s made in Italy, so you know it’s got to be good. And it was totally on sale yesterday.
Monthly Archives: April 2009
Next Saturday is the Animal Humane Society Walk for Animals. I’ve been checking (somewhat compulsively) the extended forecast. Right now, next Saturday is sandwiched between to rainy days. Let’s hope for sun! Especially since I’m going to be walking with him.
For thirty five years, our local Animal Humane Society has sponsored the Walk for Animals. Since we adopted Oreo from there last September, Andrew thought this would be a neat way to give back.
Andrew’s goal is to raise $500.00. If you’d like to help, click the link below.
Andrew’s donation page at Walk for Animals. (Click the Support Andrew button on the page.)
Last night, Miss B commandeered my camera and went on a photo safari. Below are a few that she took. Be glad I’m sparing you the blurry one of my running shoes.
A few days ago, she decided our tank needed another fish. So she made one out of paper and taped it to the glass. I mean, buying another fish. How mundane.
We have a mirror in the back of the tank, which is how she got this shot. That’s her big, pink fish floating above her head there. Her homemade “catfish,” as she calls it, is down below.
This is one of many cat photos she took last night. One of many. Trust me on this.
Seriously. You expect me to interrupt that?
All in all, this book does a great job of breaking down stereotypes and social groups. In the end, you’ll find yourself asking, what’s not to like about a geek girl cheerleader?
I’m beyond pleased with this review (our first! our first!). I saw it last night right before I went to shut down the computer and go to bed. I was so keyed up, I want to say I didn’t sleep. But I did. The only reason I know this is I woke from crazy dreams all night long.
Usually me + sleep = rock.
Be sure to stop by Em’s blog. She has a bunch of great reviews up.