Every year the technical writers sponsor a silent/not-so-silent auction to support Second Harvest Heartland. One year, I put together a booklover’s gift basket. This year, I put together a basket featuring Debs books:
You can’t see all the books (although I love the way the eyes peek out from over the edge and from behind the pillow), but included in the basket are:
- Shadowed Summer by Saundra Mitchell
- My Big Nose & Other Natural Disasters by Sydney Salter
- TMI by Sarah Quigley
- Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
- The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance
- My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman
- Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
The basket created a lot of interest. Even though I made a printout of all the books w/descriptions, every time I walked by, the basket was in disarray from people picking up the books, looking at the books, not returning the books neatly to their spot, and so on.
High bid was $150.00! When the auctioneer announced that all the books were signed, there was an audible gasp from the crowd. Of course, no donation could touch the four Taylor Swift tickets our CEO donated. In all, we made about $7,500, all of it going to Second Harvest Heartland.
Debs = made of awesome.
2 responses to “Debs do good!”
Woo Hoo Debs!! 😀