Jordyn over at Ten Cent Notes has put together two playlists based on 2009 debut novels.
- Glamorous – Fergie (Exclusively Chloe, by J.A. Yang)
- Breathe – Taylor Swift (Breathing, by Cheryl Renee Herbsman)
- The Not-So Pretty Princess – Jude (My Big Nose, by Sydney Salter)
- The Reason – Hoobastank (The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading, by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance)
- Love Like This – Natasha Bedingfeild (Shrinking Violet, by Danielle Joseph)
- Anti-Pop – Matthew Good (Cracked Up to Be, by Courtney Summers)
- Just Like Heaven – The Cure (This Is What I Want to Tell You, by Heather Duffy-Stone)
- California Stars – Wilco (20 Boy Summer, by Sarah Ockler)
- Anyone at All – Carole King (The Espressologist, by Kristina Springer)
- In-Between Days – The Cure (Flash Burnout, by L.K. Madigan)
- Little Boxes – The Shins (Candor, by Pam Bachorz)
- Love Story – Taylor Swift (Prada & Prejudice, by Mandy Hubbard)
- Over My Head – The Fray (Lipstick Apology, by Jennifer Jabaley)
- Make Your Own Kind of Music – Cass Elliot (The Secrets of Truth & Beauty, by Megan Frazer)
- Mario Kart Love Song – Sam Hart (The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading, by Charity Tahmaseb and Darcy Vance)
- Time Turned Fragile – Motion City Soundtrack (Break, by Hannah Moskovitz)
And between now and the 15th, you can win one of these playlists–all for a comment. So, hurry on over.
I’m pretty psyched Geek Girl is on both playlists. I think Mario Kart Love Song must be Darcy’s contribution (either that, or I was contributing in another dimension–cuz I don’t remember suggesting that song).
The Reason by Hoobastank is my contribution, and it’s the song I associated with Geek Girl’s Guide. Well, that and it’s fun to say Hoobastank. Go on. Try it.
Anyway, Geek Girl never had a full playlist. There’s a few songs that I when I hear them, I’ll think of Geek Girl, but The Reason is the song. Every time it came on the radio, I’d take that as a good omen: it meant: I should write/revise/query and so on.
So … enjoy. And be sure to enter Jordyn’s contest.
3 responses to “Debs 09 Music giveaway”
Since I knew all of ONE song on any of the lists (Taylor Swift’s, in case you wondered), I had to listen to “The Reason”. Liked the song, but not so much the video — it didn’t really seem to go with the words. Even so, cool words, cool song.
I need to expand my horizons more 😀
It seems weird to me that you didn’t have a playlist for Geek Girls, given that I’m now playlist hooked based on your playlists. I mean, for writing.
I can totally see this as the Geek Girl theme song, though. It really has the vibe of Geek Girl’s Guide to me, though.
It is a little weird, because I at least had music for books before it. Although for India Charlie it was the entire Joshua Tree album. I’m not sure you can count that as a playlist.