Week 18! With a little luck, this week, we’ll have some sunshine, and warmer temperatures, and maybe spring. Crazier things have happened.
My brain is totally into the revision of Speechless, so the 1,000 words I managed were a little rough. But … I managed them, and that’s the main thing. Plus, I had some good and surprising news this week as well. Keep reading to find out.
- Vigil ~ 1,000 words.
- Revisions on Speechless, edits up to chapter fifteen. With all the changes, I’ve added ~5,000 words so far. I’m hoping to be done this week. I wanted to be done this weekend, but better slow and steady than rushed and sloppy.
- Filling the Space ~ uh, this one went off into the ether, I think. I don’t know. Anyway, it will be the sub 1 for this week.
- The Burden of So Many Roses ~ to a reprint market.
- Elvis Has Left the Building ~ I sold this to Untreed Reads and it will come out as its own little e-book. From what I’ve seen/heard, they have fabulous distribution and editing/proofing. This was an older story that I still thought I should/could send out, so I’m pleased to have found a home for it.
- Pitch contest: I’m a finalist in the pitch contest I entered a few weeks back.
3 responses to “Write 1/Sub 1 check in: week 18 the with … wait, is that a sale?”
Persistence. You has it. And now it’s paying off. Wonderful, wonderful news!
What a wonderful week for you. It’s nice when the oldies, but goodies find homes. I have a couple that I want to start shopping around. I also love reading about the markets other writers send their work to. I’m lazy and tend to send off to the same 3 or 4 markets all the time–I’m sure they’re sick of seeing my name. 🙂
Great news — congratulations!