1) Sent out my sub 1 early in the week.
2) Was working longhand on a story and could simply keep writing.
I’m still behind on prompts from The Southeast Review’s 30-Day Writer’s Regimen. But it’s not like they’ll go all soggy in the summer humidity or anything. I’m guessing on my word count, which turns out to be pretty accurate once I know how many words a page of my current notebook holds (this one, with the hedgehogs, about 250 to 280, depending).
As you can see, I went a little crazy on the subs this week. Next week, my aim is to get at least one brand new story into the mix–and not get too ahead of myself and run out of things to send.
- A Boy and His Witch ~1,000 words (last week)
- Keeping Time ~ 1,000 words (this week)
- Filling The Space
- The Burden of So Many Roses (reprint market)
- Just a Matter of Time
- The Secret Life of Sleeping Beauty (reprint market)
- The Burden of So Many Roses ~ you guys, what a nice rejection! Not only did the editor ask me to submit in the future, but gave me market suggestions for this particular story as well (and permission to name drop). So. Yeah. It went right back out this week.