I don’t have a book in this giveaway, but if you like history or historical fantasy, you might just find your next favorite read here.
Tag Archives: Historical fiction
Continuing with the military theme this week. If you like fiction that takes place during the World Wars, check out this giveaway from some very talented historical authors.
My flash fiction piece, The Potato Bug War, is now available in issue #19 of Pulp Literature.
This is my second historical fiction story, and like The Saint of Bright Red Things, it takes place in France during World War Two.
And it’s so short, that all I’ll say is it’s about insects, Nazis, and resistance.
In other news, I’ve added about 10,000 more words to the revision exercises I’ve been doing, sketched out a few “big picture” ideas, and got knocked in the side of the head with yet another idea I might like to write. I’m resisting that mightily (for now).
From Should Be Reading:
To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly (in the car)
- Two Girls of Gettysburg by Lisa Klein (print)
- The Driving Force by Michel Tremblay (still need to write the evaluation)
- The Romanov Bride by Robert Alexander (yeah, I’ve been craving historical fiction lately)
Not sure … there’s a box of Rita books heading my way soon. I may go for something short, just so I don’t get caught reading too many things at once.