Week 9! I worked on a longer story this week. (Novelette? Novella? Only time and word count will tell.) I was a little worried because I knew I couldn’t finish it during the week, but still needed my write 1. But Friday afternoon, while I was driving home in rush hour traffic, an idea hit me (kind of felt like that, too).
I made it home with the idea still in my head, jotted down what I needed to, and then wrote it up yesterday. This is how The Short, Sweet Life of My Invisible Prom Date was born. It includes the line:
Now, it probably doesn’t surprise you that there isn’t a patron saint of prom.
- The Short, Sweet Life of My Invisible Prom Date, ~ 1,600 words
- Untitled something-or-other, ~ 3,000 words, in progress
- Breaking the Unwritten Rules in Middle Grade and Young Adult Fiction assignment: 250 words class assignment
None this week. However, my submission tracker tells me I should be getting some soon.
- The Life Expectancy of Fireflies AKA the neck tattoo story. I’m not sure about this one, or its pretentious title, so I tossed it into a flash fiction contest. We’ll see what happens.
- The audio version of The Geek Girl’s Guide to Cheerleading. If you tuned in yesterday, you know this came as not a complete surprise, since we were aware of selling audio rights. But that it’s out in the wild? Yeah, that. That was a surprise.