Today’s Ten Day Writing Blogger Challenge included the option not to blog at all (got to love these prompts).
Instead, I went with the one that involved posting, since I already had for my Write 1/Sub 1 check in.
Make 10 Writing Related Confessions
Here are my ten (odd) writing confessions:
- I must have short fingernails to write. If my nails are too long, I get annoyed; I feel less creative. This makes no sense, I know. But that’s the way it is.
- The more I write, the less I’m tempted/impressed by programs, software, etc. to help me write more efficiently. It’s like I’ve regressed. Give me a pen and some paper and I’m happy.
- I check my submission tracker at least once a day. Everyone knows looking at your submissions makes editors respond faster.
- I once edited a manuscript in Chuck E. Cheese’s while my kids attended a birthday party.
- I also write major chunks of stories in the lobby areas of my daughter’s dance and gymnastics studios. A little ambient noise + music? Not a bad combination.
- If I don’t write every day, I feel like I will lose the ability to write. Yes, just like that. Overnight. And forever.
- My favorite pen is the uni-ball Vision Elite. I can write with other pens, but … meh. I put these on my Christmas list every year.
- The blank page still scares me.
- I’m always amazed when someone likes something I’ve written.
- I’m always amazed when I sell something I’ve written.