I’m sure everyone’s been waiting with bated breath about our tree issue. I’m happy to report that our friendly neighborhood tree service had it safely down in less than twenty-four hours (along with another nearly-dead pine, and they limbed some of our oak branches as well–trees, we have lots of trees).
In writing news, I compiled all my notes into one (searchable) document. I’m feeling pretty good about the overall worldbuilding for the last season. It still feels like I’m going painfully slow. However, I’m truly wrapping up the series with this season. There are so many threads, large and small, to consider. Not to mention those 230,000 words that came before.
That’s a lot.
I didn’t work on the framework for episode two, but I did do some work on a short story that comes in between episode one and two, something that I think will be mostly stand-alone. Or so I hope.
So for the coming week, my plan is to work on that.
We have a tree problem. And yes, before anyone asks, we’ve called the power company. Also, the tree isn’t actually resting on the power lines … yet. With the wind we’ve been having, it could happen.
In writing rather than tree news, I spent this week tagging all my longhand notes with post-its with labels like backstory, episode 2, episode 3, and so on. Now I’m compiling it (and expanding on it) in a document. Once I have all that completed, I’ll start the framework for episode 2. In fact, I just had a brainstorm on episode 2 this morning, and I’m so glad I was waffling on starting on it.
Sometimes, procrastination is productive and creative.
For this coming week, I hope to get all the notes together and complete a framework for episode 2. I’m calling it a framework rather than an outline because it is more like an idea of the story than a lockstep list of everything that happens.
I will report back on trees and writing next week.